- Founder/Owner, Law Office of Dean Standish Perkins and Associates, 1986 - Present
From standing up for clients who have been seriously injured to coaching young athletes and mentoring new lawyers, Dean “Stan” Perkins is committed to helping people. A skilled attorney with 30 years of experience, Stan has successfully tried, arbitrated, and settled thousands of personal injury cases since 1986, helping his clients recover millions of dollars. He empowers his clients, helping good people who have been injured find justice and regain their lives.
He sees his practice as an opportunity to step into people’s lives and use his skills and resources to turn negatives into positives. Stan runs his law practice and his life with the same values he instilled as a youth coach: Expect the best, put in the effort, and share your gifts.
With his personal injury practice thriving, coaching young lawyers has become a major focus for Stan. He serves as benefactor and mentor for recent law graduates of Seattle University School of Law, where he also serves as an adjunct professor. Read more about how he supports new lawyers through the Low Bono Incubator Program.
Helping his clients through their cases is his top priority.
“The opportunity I have to serve, to help, to counsel people through challenging times is humbling and satisfying. I love my practice and serving my clients to improve their lives and find justice.”Adjunct Professor, Seattle University School of Law
Co-teach Advanced Personal Injury Litigation course in addition to my full-time practice.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury/Car Accidents 80%
- Personal Injury/Premises Liability 10%
- Personal Injury/Other 10%
- Washington, 1986
- U.S. Federal Court, 1986
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 1985
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - 1982
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- National Top 1% Attorneys by National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Named one of the Top 100 litigators in the State of Washington by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Rated 10.0 "Superb" by AVVO (its highest rating)
- Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Received the Top 10 Attorney award for the State of Washington from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Legal Innovation Award from the Washington State Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 1986 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Mentor and benefactor for Seattle University School of Law Low Bono Incubator Program, 2014 to Present
- Phi Delta Theta