We are seeking a personal injury litigation paralegal that is compassionate, driven and a dedicated self-starter. Our team currently consists of a lead attorney, an associate attorney, a legal assistant and one paralegal, and one bookkeeper. We are looking for a candidate with prior experience in the personal injury field that excels when working with others. This is an in-person position with the potential for remote work. Part time and full time positions offered.
- Electronically filing documents with the court across several counties
- Conducting intake interview for new clients
- Communicating with insurance adjusters to open claims, update claim files and negotiate settlements for personal injury cases
- Proof-reading documents and drafting pleadings, interrogatories, requests for production, etc.
- Performing administrative tasks, including answering phone calls, printing, scanning documents, updating litigation calendar and to-do list, and requesting medical and billing records
- Interacting with clients both electronically and in-person
- At least one year of personal injury experience
- At least an Associate degree and some experience at a personal injury law firm
- Highly motivated and able to work without much supervision
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal and negotiating skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and other commonly used software systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package. Pay dependent on experience.
- Flexible schedule including part-time and full-time options
- Our paralegals are given the time to quietly create their own systems to solve problems for our clients without constant supervision. This is a great opportunity to grow.