View Our Practice Areas

A Winning Personal Injury Team

Serious accidents change lives. From taking time out of your day to attending a physical therapy session, to facing the prospect of never working again as a result of a trauma-induced disability, to starting your life over when a loved one tragically succumbs to his or her injuries, there is more to dealing with an accident than just telling yourself to move on.

At Dean Standish Perkins & Associates, we know that injury victims face a tough road ahead, and this is why our Issaquah personal injury attorneys will dedicate themselves to helping you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. Our lawyers bring decades of legal experience handling everything from simple car accidents to the most catastrophic truck accidents and motorcycle collisions. We represent clients in Issaquah and the surrounding areas of Washington.

What Does Washington’s Comparative Negligence Rule Mean For A Personal Injury Case?

If you get involved in a personal injury case in Washington, it’s important to note that this state uses a pure comparative negligence doctrine. This essentially means that the authorities are going to look at the involvement of both drivers and determine how much fault should be assigned to each person.

For example, say that another driver turns left in front of your vehicle. You cannot stop in time, and you hit the side of their car. You had the right of way, so you assume that the crash is 100% their fault and that they will have to cover all of the costs for medical bills, lost wages and much more.

But then the crash reconstruction team examines the evidence and claims that your brakes hadn’t been replaced in a decade. You still may not have been able to stop in time to avoid the accident, but you would have had a better chance if your car was in perfect condition. You also may have been able to slow down, reducing the severity of the injuries suffered by both parties in the crash. As a result, the court may assign you 15% of the blame and the other driver 85%.

Is This Different Than Modified Comparative Negligence?

Yes, this is a different process than the modified comparative negligence used in many other states. Under those rules, someone needs to be under 50% at fault or they aren’t going to get any compensation. But with pure comparative negligence, you could still receive compensation, even if the other driver was only one percent at fault. They would still have to pay you for 1% of the damages, while you would have to pay them for the other 99%.

How Can You Fight For The Compensation You Deserve?

This system can lead to disputes where a driver will be assigned fault when they do not believe that they had any blame for the accident. You may truly believe that you deserve 100% compensation when this is not what you think the court is going to provide.

In a situation like that, it is very important to understand all of the legal options you have. Our award-winning team has been providing legal guidance and services for around 30 years. We have an excellent track record of results, and we can handle a wide range of personal injury cases, such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, product liability, cases, dog bites and much more.

You Need A Lawyer To Handle Your Claim

When you suffer an injury in an accident that is the result of someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to receive just compensation for your economic and noneconomic damages. These include things like medical bills, lost wages, lost future income, and pain and suffering. However, in order to obtain this compensation, you need a personal injury lawyer on your side who knows how to take on the insurance companies and major corporations that will be fighting to deny your claim.

As an integral part of our personal injury practice, we also handle claims involving insurance subrogation.

FAQ – Injury Lawsuits

Unless you have filed a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit before, you are probably unfamiliar with what to expect from the legal process. Many individuals and families simply allow their insurance agents to handle their claims, while others fail to take action altogether. Our experienced Issaquah personal injury attorneys are here to guide you through the process of bringing a successful Washington personal injury claim.

What is the statute of limitations for Washington personal injury claims?

If you were injured by the negligence or wrongful act of another, you have a limited period of time in which to file a personal injury lawsuit. In the state of Washington, you generally have three (3) years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim. If you fail to file within this time frame, your claim will be permanently barred by law.

What is involved in investigating a personal injury claim in Issaquah?

While three years may seem like a long time in which to file a lawsuit, it is important to take action promptly to collect evidence, identify and interview witnesses and conduct an investigation in order to prove fault. The earlier you begin working with an attorney, the sooner your attorney can begin to collect and preserve evidence essential to your case. At Dean Standish Perkins & Associates, we conduct a thorough investigation into each client’s case to identify all responsible parties and all potential bases for seeking of recovery.

What is the best way to negotiate with insurance companies?

Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, and to the extent they can minimize payment on claims to maximize their profits, they will do so. Insurance companies have highly experienced adjusters and insurance defense attorneys on their side whose job it is to negotiate for the lowest possible settlement amount in your case. It is important to have an experienced Issaquah personal injury attorney on your side to level the playing field and give you the best possible opportunity to recover maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims, and they know how to effectively counter the tactics used by insurance companies to limit injury victims’ compensation. When you hire Dean Standish Perkins & Associates for your Issaquah personal injury claim, our attorneys will fight aggressively for the full recovery to which you are entitled.

What should I expect when working with a Issaquah personal injury attorney?

When you work with the Issaquah personal injury attorneys at Dean Standish Perkins & Associates, we will:

  • Gather and evaluate medical information to prove the extent of your injuries and other losses;
  • Investigate the accident and gather evidence to prove fault;
  • Explain your options and chances for success;
  • Prepare your claim and submit it to the insurance companies and other responsible parties; and
  • When necessary, file your claim in the appropriate Washington court.

The Issaquah personal injury attorneys at Dean Standish Perkins & Associates have helped thousands of injured people in King County and throughout Washington state recover compensation for their injuries. We can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.

Schedule A Free Consultation Today

To speak with one of our attorneys at Dean Standish Perkins & Associates, schedule your free consultation today. We have helped negligence victims since 1986, and we are committed to providing the best possible representation to help you obtain full compensation for your injuries. Call 206-981-5043 or email us to schedule your free consultation.