View Our Practice Areas

The Complete Picture: Insurance Subrogation And Your Personal Injury Claim

Many lawyers approach personal injury cases without thinking about insurance subrogation law at all. In doing so, they miss an opportunity to truly advocate for their clients. At Dean Standish Perkins & Associates, in Issaquah, we look at the complete picture. Our thorough approach helps us maximize the compensation our clients receive.

So what is the complete picture? In most Washington State personal injury cases, the victim’s own insurance carrier covers some of the costs of recovery after the accident. When injury victims carry PIP (which stands for Personal Injury Protection) insurance, their own insurance covers medical, lost wage loss or funeral expenses following a car accident.

The insurance company then “steps into the shoes” of the injury victim. Arguing that the victim should not receive compensation for the injury twice, the insurance company takes a portion of the compensation the victim receives from a lawsuit settlement or verdict at trial.

If the insurance company has paid out a great deal in medical expenses, they will take a large portion of the compensation your lawyer recovers for you. It is important to understand that subrogation can affect your settlement and any damages you may possibly receive.

How We Can Help

At our Issaquah law firm, we negotiate with medical providers and insurance companies to help lower the cost of treatment and the bills you pay out. This approach keeps more money in your pocket.

It is important to have someone on your side who can protect your rights and guide you through confusing conversations with an insurance company and medical providers. We have the experience and skills to help you navigate the complex world of insurance jargon and come to a fair resolution. Do not let your pain and suffering go uncompensated, get fair remuneration for an injury.

Get Help With Insurance Questions

Speaking to an insurance company can seem like a daunting task that is hard for you to handle. Call 206-981-5043 for help today or send us an email. We have a free consultation to understand your case and see if we can help.